5/03/2011

Am I Deaf?


One night, my youngest daughter was excited.












She said, "Mom, Takumi at my nursery school
doesn't know any English."
I replied, "Oh, really? Get your pajamas on. "











She continued, "He doesn't know white is shiro in Japanese,
black is kuro and water melon..."
I also continued, "Bee, you might catch a cold.
Then you won't be able to go to your lovely nursery school. "










Ignoring me, she added further, 
"Mom, water melon means melon in Japanese,
doesn't it? No? Itmeans suika?"

"Anyway, hurry up and put on your pajamas,"
I also added further.










"Oh my... How many times do I have to tell you?"
I sighed.
However, to my surprise
it seemed that she didn't hear anything I said.













She said to me, "I wonder if I'm deaf.
Pon and I can't hear you sometimes, Mom."

I don't think my daughters are deaf.







My original Japanese entry
↓







Thanks to Wanderer, Kei, 萌依 and Oya for correcting my English.

No comments:

Post a Comment