8/08/2011

Born to be Japanese



We stayed in Borneo island, Malaysia, from July 23rd to 31st.
We transfered in Hong Kong.


    It was the first time that I landed on a huge international airport
    since we landed in Kai Tak airport
    when my mother and I visited Hong Kong in the past.










      On the very long moving walkway,
      I told my youngest daughter how to exchange greetings.

      "おはよう is 'Good morning,' and こんにちは is 'Hello!'"











        She then got nervous thinking she would say something in English,
        "What do you say? What do you say ...?"










        At last, she began to cry,
        "I forgot how to say my name in English! I... I am...I don't know!"










        She also added,
        "I wish I wasn't Japanese, so I could speak English!"


          I laughed and thought,
          "Being able to speak English doesn't mean that you're not Japanese."
          And I hugged her.






          My original Japanese entry



          Thanks to Benjamin for correcting my English.

          No comments:

          Post a Comment