3/12/2011

Custard Pudding

My 4 year old daughter can classify things into many shape,
round, square, triangular and so on.


One day, I asked her, "Honey, what shape do you think a custard pudding is?"











Depending on the direction you view itthe shape looks different.
I wanted to know what she thought of the circular cone.











"Oh, I can tell you," she nodded with confidence.
"Yes?" I asked.










"A custard pudding is round! Because it looks like a tire.
A tire is round. And a custard pudding is fluffy.
Besides you sprinkle soy sauce on it!"











"The brown liquid is not soy sauce, but caramel," I refuted.
"Soy sauce!" she insisted.

I'd like to say more that there was no relation
between the roundness and suppleness nor of it having caramel
but kept quiet.

"OK, let me say this.
You mean a custard pudding is round because it looks like a tire,
is fluffy and has soy sauce on it?" I said.











"Right. And it's like a cloud." she replied.
"Ha? A custard pudding is like a cloud?" I confused.
"Yes, it is. In addition, you can tell it is also like a spider."
(In Japanese clouds and spiders are the same word, "kumo".)

Then I lost a track completely.





my original Japanese entry




Thanks to ying for correcting my English.

No comments:

Post a Comment